Thursday, May 21, 2026
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
Home NIGERIAN NEWS

ADC alleges APC of stalling approval of Eagles’ Square for national convention

Enitan Boluwatife by Enitan Boluwatife
April 10, 2026
in NIGERIAN NEWS
0
ADC Spokeperson says Peter Obi, Kwankwaso exit from ADC a 'huge relief'

Bolaji Abdullah

585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
The African Democratic Congress, ADC, has pointed fingers once again at the ruling party, the All Progressive Congress, for withholding the approval of the Eagle Square in Abuja for the planned April 14th National Convention.

Bolaji Abdullahi, the ADC spokesperson, revealed this during an exclusive interview with SaharaReporters on Friday. He noted that despite the party’s efforts to secure the popular spot for its convention, the request has been ignored. He further alleged that while an alternative venue, the Velodrome, was suggested and requeste, the part was met with a decline.

“Not to my knowledge. We applied for the Eagle Square, but they have failed to respond. We also asked to use the velodrome, but they said they are hosting a cycling championship,” Abdullahi said.

You might also like

Female Singer Niniola Loses Husband

How Former Staff Shuaib Afolabi Crushed Ex-Governor Amosun in APC Primaries

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

When asked where the party would now hold its convention amid the growing uncertainty, he declined to disclose details.

“We are not disclosing that for now,” he added.

Recall that ENigeria Newspaper reported that this allegation adds to the pile of accusations from the opposition party to the ruling party in recent times. The situation was escalated when the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) delisted and derecognized the leadership of David Mark, prompting the party to be cornered with a directive to return to status quo and address all issues relating to the party’s leadership.

The genesis of the crisis dates back to July of 2025 when Nwosu resigned as chairman of the party’s National Working Committee and groups loyal to David Mark and Nafiu Bala engaged in a leadership struggle.

However, the party has announced that it would go on with its planned convention on the said date. Ralph Nwosu, a party leader, has reiterated that the ADC would continue with its planned national conference and congresses despite the issue.

Nwosu stated on The Morning Brief that the party has fulfilled all legal obligations, including informing INEC of its actions.

“We submitted our programme to INEC according to the law, and they endorsed it. By the electoral law, whether they show up or not is their own volition; we have not violated anything,” he said.

In defiance to INEC, leaders of the party such a Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi, Rotimi Amaechi, Aminu Tambuwal, and Rauf Aregbesola held a demonstration at INEC headquarters in Abuja earlier this week, escalating the situation.

The opposition leaders also asked for the sack of Tinubu as its administration was using INEC to undermine opposition parties, especially the ADC, in an effort to make Nigeria a one-party state.

In response, the presidency has refuted the accusations, though. Sunday Dare, the president’s spokesperson, insisted that all registered parties have equal legal rights and said there is no intention to prevent opposition parties from taking part in elections.

 

Facebook Comments Box
Previous Post

My father’s wife is selling his properties, Ras Kimono’s daughter cries out

Next Post

Obasanjo reveals ‘major obstacles’ to peace in Africa

Enitan Boluwatife

Enitan Boluwatife

Related Posts

Niniola Husband is dead
Entertainment News

Female Singer Niniola Loses Husband

by Emina Biagbon
May 20, 2026
How Former Staff Shuaib Afolabi Crushed Ex-Governor Amosun in APC Primaries
NIGERIAN NEWS

How Former Staff Shuaib Afolabi Crushed Ex-Governor Amosun in APC Primaries

by Mayowa Ajibola
May 19, 2026
Samuel Adeboye Adeyeye Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold's Daughter, Deja
Entertainment News

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

by Bashiiru Khalid
May 16, 2026
Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director
Business News

Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director

by Ojuolape George
May 14, 2026
BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing
NIGERIAN NEWS

BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing

by Halima Adeojo
May 14, 2026
Next Post
Former president Obasanjo explains why NNPC refineries will never work again

Obasanjo reveals 'major obstacles' to peace in Africa

Don't miss it

Niniola Husband is dead
Entertainment News

Female Singer Niniola Loses Husband

May 20, 2026
The Fall of Former Governors Daniel, Amosun, and Rochas at APC Primaries 2026
Headlines

The Fall of Former Governors Daniel, Amosun, and Rochas at APC Primaries 2026

May 19, 2026
How Former Staff Shuaib Afolabi Crushed Ex-Governor Amosun in APC Primaries
NIGERIAN NEWS

How Former Staff Shuaib Afolabi Crushed Ex-Governor Amosun in APC Primaries

May 19, 2026
Senator Ede Dafinone Biography, Political Career, Victory Over Omo-Agege, and Latest News
Biography/Net Worth

Senator Ede Dafinone Biography, Political Career, Victory Over Omo-Agege, and Latest News

May 19, 2026
Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Rise and Death of the ISIS Commander Killed in Africa
Foreign News

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

May 16, 2026
Samuel Adeboye Adeyeye Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold's Daughter, Deja
Entertainment News

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

May 16, 2026

Popular Post

  • Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Rise and Death of the ISIS Commander Killed in Africa

    Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

    603 shares
    Share 241 Tweet 151
  • Flavour – Game Changer (Dike) | Free Mp3 Download

    594 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
  • Reactions As Notorious Cultist, Tony Kabaka Issues Death Threats To Cultists in Benin, Police Silent

    594 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
  • Biography of Ibrahim Yekini – Itele D’icon, Career, Net Worth, Etc…

    591 shares
    Share 236 Tweet 148
  • The Fall of Former Governors Daniel, Amosun, and Rochas at APC Primaries 2026

    590 shares
    Share 236 Tweet 148
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate

ENigeria Newspaper is a premium daily Nigerian newspaper committed to the objective coverage of news in Nigeria.

Relevant Pages

  • About Us ENigeria Newspaper
  • Contact Us
  • Diversity Policy
  • ENigeria Newspaper Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service of ENigeria Newspaper

Reach Us

Emails:- enigerianewspaper@gmail.com
Phone:- +234 906 0009 494
Address: 7 Ago palaceway, Okota, lagos

Alert Us

For publication of Press releases, Statements, and Advert Inquiries, send an email to ENIGERIANEWSPAPER@GMAIL.COM

© enigerianews.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos

© enigerianews.com