Thursday, May 21, 2026
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
Home NIGERIAN NEWS

ADC youths insist July 2025 NEC remains legitimate

Enitan Boluwatife by Enitan Boluwatife
April 6, 2026
in NIGERIAN NEWS
0
Amid defection rumours, ADC affirms readiness for 2027 elections

ADC logo

585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

You might also like

Female Singer Niniola Loses Husband

How Former Staff Shuaib Afolabi Crushed Ex-Governor Amosun in APC Primaries

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

ADC youths, the youth wing of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), have insisted that the leadership produced at its July 2025 National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting remains the party’s only legitimate authority, dismissing any attempts to alter it without a final court ruling.

ENigeria Newspaper gathered this while Balarabe Rufa’i, the ADC youths national leader, addressed journalists on Monday at the party’s national headquarters in Abuja and reaffirmed that the outcome of the July 29, 2025 NEC meeting, which dissolved the National Working Committee and produced a new leadership led by David Mark, still stands. He stressed that any move to overturn it outside judicial pronouncement would be “illegal, null, and void.”

“Today, that decay is no longer hidden. It is active, deliberate, and dangerous. On July 29, 2025, the African Democratic Congress held a lawful NEC meeting under the full supervision of INEC. That meeting dissolved the previous National Working Committee and produced a new leadership led by Senator David Mark. INEC received the outcome, verified the process, and officially uploaded and recognised this leadership on September 9, 2025. There was no dispute, no objection, and no ambiguity. So, what changed? Power, pressure, and political interference”, he said.

The development comes days after INEC withdrew recognition of an ADC leadership faction over an ongoing court dispute. The commission’s chairman, Professor Joash Amupitan, had warned that proceeding with planned congresses and conventions could have implications for the party ahead of the 2027 general elections.

Rufa’i accused the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of undermining democracy and acting beyond its constitutional powers, alleging that the commission ignored earlier recognition of the leadership in September 2025.

He explained that the current crisis began when “individuals who had already resigned resurfaced to challenge a process they had no legal standing in,” adding that despite a Court of Appeal directive to maintain the last uncontested position, INEC allegedly acted on pending motions and non-binding communications.

Describing the situation as a threat to democratic order, Rufa’i said Nigeria is “under democratic siege,” claiming that institutions meant to protect the will of the people were being compromised. He further criticised INEC for what he called “complicity, partisanship, and institutional sabotage,” insisting the commission lacks the authority to interpret court rulings.

The ADC youths also issued a 72-hour ultimatum to INEC, demanding the immediate restoration of the David Mark-led leadership on the commission’s official portal, alongside a public apology and a commitment to neutrality and the rule of law.

“We hereby issue a 3- day ultimatum to INEC to immediately restore the Senator David Mark-led leadership on its official portal. Publicly apologize to Nigerians for its unconstitutional and partisan conduct. Cease all actions based on letters, pending motions, or non-binding processes without express court orders.

“Respect and uphold the rule of law by refraining from interpreting court directives. Ensure full neutrality and independence in all its operations going forward.

“We also demand the immediate resignation or removal of the INEC Chairman for presiding over actions that have undermined the credibility of the Commission.”

Rufa’i, on behalf of the ADC youths, also called on the National Assembly to investigate the matter and consider sanctions, including the possible removal of the INEC Chairman, while urging the judiciary to clarify its orders to prevent what he described as manipulation. He also appealed to the military to remain neutral, noting that the issue is strictly civil and constitutional.

“We respectfully call on the National Assembly to exercise its constitutional oversight immediately, investigate this grave breach, and initiate appropriate actions, including the recall or removal of the INEC Chairman, because time is of the essence. Democracy must be defended with action, not silence.

“We urge the judiciary to clarify its orders to prevent manipulation, reassert its authority as the sole interpreter of the law, and protect the integrity of Nigeria’s legal system”, Rufai added.

The ADC youths further warned the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu against actions that could weaken opposition parties, stating that such moves could endanger Nigeria’s democracy.

He cautioned that failure by INEC to comply with the demands within the stipulated timeframe would lead to nationwide protests, including the occupation of INEC offices across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.

“We will not retreat, we will not be intimidated, and we will not be silenced. This is bigger than ADC. This is about Nigeria,” Rufa’i affirmed.

Facebook Comments Box
Previous Post

P’Harcourt oil firms slam over Oando over N1bn debt

Next Post

Why Eritrean football players keep disappearing on international duty

Enitan Boluwatife

Enitan Boluwatife

Related Posts

Niniola Husband is dead
Entertainment News

Female Singer Niniola Loses Husband

by Emina Biagbon
May 20, 2026
How Former Staff Shuaib Afolabi Crushed Ex-Governor Amosun in APC Primaries
NIGERIAN NEWS

How Former Staff Shuaib Afolabi Crushed Ex-Governor Amosun in APC Primaries

by Mayowa Ajibola
May 19, 2026
Samuel Adeboye Adeyeye Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold's Daughter, Deja
Entertainment News

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

by Bashiiru Khalid
May 16, 2026
Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director
Business News

Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director

by Ojuolape George
May 14, 2026
BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing
NIGERIAN NEWS

BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing

by Halima Adeojo
May 14, 2026
Next Post
Eritrean national team

Why Eritrean football players keep disappearing on international duty

Don't miss it

Niniola Husband is dead
Entertainment News

Female Singer Niniola Loses Husband

May 20, 2026
The Fall of Former Governors Daniel, Amosun, and Rochas at APC Primaries 2026
Headlines

The Fall of Former Governors Daniel, Amosun, and Rochas at APC Primaries 2026

May 19, 2026
How Former Staff Shuaib Afolabi Crushed Ex-Governor Amosun in APC Primaries
NIGERIAN NEWS

How Former Staff Shuaib Afolabi Crushed Ex-Governor Amosun in APC Primaries

May 19, 2026
Senator Ede Dafinone Biography, Political Career, Victory Over Omo-Agege, and Latest News
Biography/Net Worth

Senator Ede Dafinone Biography, Political Career, Victory Over Omo-Agege, and Latest News

May 19, 2026
Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Rise and Death of the ISIS Commander Killed in Africa
Foreign News

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

May 16, 2026
Samuel Adeboye Adeyeye Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold's Daughter, Deja
Entertainment News

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

May 16, 2026

Popular Post

  • Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Rise and Death of the ISIS Commander Killed in Africa

    Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

    603 shares
    Share 241 Tweet 151
  • Flavour – Game Changer (Dike) | Free Mp3 Download

    595 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
  • Reactions As Notorious Cultist, Tony Kabaka Issues Death Threats To Cultists in Benin, Police Silent

    594 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
  • Biography of Ibrahim Yekini – Itele D’icon, Career, Net Worth, Etc…

    591 shares
    Share 236 Tweet 148
  • The Fall of Former Governors Daniel, Amosun, and Rochas at APC Primaries 2026

    590 shares
    Share 236 Tweet 148
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate

ENigeria Newspaper is a premium daily Nigerian newspaper committed to the objective coverage of news in Nigeria.

Relevant Pages

  • About Us ENigeria Newspaper
  • Contact Us
  • Diversity Policy
  • ENigeria Newspaper Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service of ENigeria Newspaper

Reach Us

Emails:- enigerianewspaper@gmail.com
Phone:- +234 906 0009 494
Address: 7 Ago palaceway, Okota, lagos

Alert Us

For publication of Press releases, Statements, and Advert Inquiries, send an email to ENIGERIANEWSPAPER@GMAIL.COM

© enigerianews.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos

© enigerianews.com