Monday, May 18, 2026
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
Home Headlines

Easter horror : Gunmen storm Kaduna churches, kill worshippers

Enitan Boluwatife by Enitan Boluwatife
April 5, 2026
in Headlines
0
Kaduna -gunmen
585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

You might also like

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch

Suspected gunmen on Sunday attacked worshippers in Ariko community, Kachia Local Government Area of Kaduna State, killing at least seven people and abducting several others during Easter celebrations.

ENigeria Newsaper can report that the early morning assault, which targeted two churches — First ECWA Church and St. Augustine Catholic Church — left residents in panic, as gunmen reportedly invaded the area in large numbers and opened fire on congregants.

Confirming the incident, the councillor representing Awon Ward, Mark Bawa, told journalists that the details were still being verified.

“I am currently on my way to the community to ascertain the exact number of casualties. Some sources said seven persons were killed, while others claimed eight. I will provide an update once details are confirmed,” he said.

Bawa further disclosed that the attackers appeared to have exploited communication challenges in the area.

“The attackers came in large numbers. They surrounded the area and began shooting sporadically at worshippers. Several people were killed, and many others were taken away into the bush,” he stated.

Residents said the assailants operated for an extended period without resistance, raising fresh concerns about the vulnerability of rural communities, especially during religious gatherings.

The attack adds to a growing list of violent incidents in Southern Kaduna. In February 2026, gunmen abducted several worshippers during a church gathering in Kurmin Wali, also in Kachia LGA, triggering outrage and renewed calls for stronger security presence in the region.

When contacted, the Kaduna State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Mansir Hassan, promised to offer more information on the incident, but efforts to obtain an official police response were still in progress.

Just one week prior to this Kaduna attack, the devastating Palm Sunday attack in Jos, Plateau State, where gunmen invaded communities in Angwan Rukuba, killing over 20 people and injured dozens more, occurred.

Plateau State Governor Caleb Mutfwang, who called the tragedy “tragic and senseless”, confirmed that 28 persons were killed in the attack at the Angwan Rukuba hamlet in Jos North Local Government Area.

The President, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, had earlier visited victims and families affected by the deadly attack in the Angwan Rukuba community, assuring residents that his administration is determined to end the cycle of violence in the state.

Facebook Comments Box
Tags: Angwan RukubaCaleb Mutfwangchurch gatheringsEasterEaster SundayEnigeria NewspapergunmenJos attacksJos North Local Government AreaKadunaKaduna churchesKaduna State Police Public RelationsPalm SundayPlateau StateSouthern Kadunaterrorists
Previous Post

Easter: CAN says Nigeria can rise beyond current challenges

Next Post

INEC halts voter revalidation rollout, shifts REC meeting online

Enitan Boluwatife

Enitan Boluwatife

Related Posts

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Rise and Death of the ISIS Commander Killed in Africa
Foreign News

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

by Hazel Okechukwu
May 16, 2026
Samuel Adeboye Adeyeye Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold's Daughter, Deja
Entertainment News

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

by Bashiiru Khalid
May 16, 2026
iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch
Headlines

iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch

by Aminu Abubakar
May 15, 2026
Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List
Foreign News

Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List

by Akolam Emmanuel
May 15, 2026
Dangote Rejects NNPC’s Proposal, Targets Massive $50 Billion Refinery IPO
Headlines

Dangote Rejects NNPC’s Proposal, Targets Massive $50 Billion Refinery IPO

by Desmond Ike-Chima
May 14, 2026
Next Post
Analyst pick holes in forensic investigation result of INEC Chairman Amupitan

INEC halts voter revalidation rollout, shifts REC meeting online

Don't miss it

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Rise and Death of the ISIS Commander Killed in Africa
Foreign News

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

May 16, 2026
Samuel Adeboye Adeyeye Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold's Daughter, Deja
Entertainment News

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

May 16, 2026
iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch
Headlines

iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch

May 15, 2026
Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List
Foreign News

Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List

May 15, 2026
Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director
Business News

Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director

May 14, 2026
BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing
NIGERIAN NEWS

BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing

May 14, 2026

Popular Post

  • Frank Edoho Confirms Wife’s Affair With Singer, Chike

    Frank Edoho Confirms Wife’s Affair With Singer, Chike

    604 shares
    Share 242 Tweet 151
  • Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

    602 shares
    Share 241 Tweet 151
  • Alexx Ekubo Biography: Cause of Death, Career, Relationships, Rise to Fame, etc…

    595 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
  • How Aig-Imoukhuede is Eliminating Wigwe’s Men From Access Bank in New Power Play

    593 shares
    Share 237 Tweet 148
  • Reactions As Notorious Cultist, Tony Kabaka Issues Death Threats To Cultists in Benin, Police Silent

    594 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate

ENigeria Newspaper is a premium daily Nigerian newspaper committed to the objective coverage of news in Nigeria.

Relevant Pages

  • About Us ENigeria Newspaper
  • Contact Us
  • Diversity Policy
  • ENigeria Newspaper Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service of ENigeria Newspaper

Reach Us

Emails:- enigerianewspaper@gmail.com
Phone:- +234 906 0009 494
Address: 7 Ago palaceway, Okota, lagos

Alert Us

For publication of Press releases, Statements, and Advert Inquiries, send an email to ENIGERIANEWSPAPER@GMAIL.COM

© enigerianews.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos

© enigerianews.com