Sunday, May 24, 2026
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
Home INVESTIGATION

Flood washes parts of road close to Akwa Ibom government house

Enitan Boluwatife by Enitan Boluwatife
May 1, 2026
in INVESTIGATION
0
Flood washes parts of road close to Akwa Ibom government house

Governor of Akwa Ibom Umo Eno

585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

In the center of Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom State, a portion of Old Stadium Road has been engulfed by a gully erosion as video evidences obtained by ENigeria Newspaper from Premium Times show that the adjacent road is roughly 100 meters from Wellington Bassey Way, the road that leads to the Akwa Ibom Government House.

For decades, the community has been plagued by this expanding gully, swallowing farmland and private and government buildings, leaving residents in a state of constant fear. If immediate action is not taken, the erosion is most concerning.

You might also like

Customers Panic As Lotus Bank Staff Hacks System, Diverts Over ₦1.5 Billion Depositors’ Funds

Dangote Rejects NNPC’s Proposal, Targets Massive $50 Billion Refinery IPO

Access Bank 2025 Financial Statement Reveal Deep Cracks Under Aig-Imoukwuede

According to the video story report, Aniedi Edet Okon, the head of the Uyo village, has urged Governor Eno to act swiftly.

“I am begging my governor. Please, don’t allow this gully to destroy the new and beautiful healthcare centre you built for us. This health centre has helped so many children from the villages around here”, he said.

“Please my governor, I am begging you to act very fast to rescue us. The gully had already taken many houses”, he added.

Mr. Okon also thanked Governor Eno for the infrastructure his administration has built in Uyo village, particularly the reclamation work on another nearby gully that has been transformed into an amazing tourism project called the Arise Park Resort along Dominic Utuk Avenue, despite the trauma his people are experiencing due to the gully.

Ubong Henry, a community leader in Uyo village, that the community had sent multiple petitions pleading with the state government to step in.

“We have spoken in the media about this problem, and many NGOs have done their best to draw attention to the menace. We are still appealing to the government to come to our rescue,” Mr Henry said.

As at time of filing this report, Ubong Henry confirmed that some government officials came around on Monday.

 

Facebook Comments Box
Tags: akwa ibomAkwa Ibom government houseakwa ibom newsflood at Akwa Ibom goverment house areaflood in Akwa IbomUmo Eno newswhere is Akwa Ibom government house
Previous Post

How Blessed Sacrament in Imo church went missing after theft attack

Next Post

Tweep reveals eviction of virtually-impaired student over interview on school hostels, UNN denies

Enitan Boluwatife

Enitan Boluwatife

Related Posts

Staff Hack Lotus Bank System, Diverts N1.5billion
Headlines

Customers Panic As Lotus Bank Staff Hacks System, Diverts Over ₦1.5 Billion Depositors’ Funds

by Bashiiru Khalid
May 22, 2026
Dangote Rejects NNPC’s Proposal, Targets Massive $50 Billion Refinery IPO
Headlines

Dangote Rejects NNPC’s Proposal, Targets Massive $50 Billion Refinery IPO

by Desmond Ike-Chima
May 14, 2026
Access Bank 2025 Financial Statement Reveal Deep Cracks Under Aig-Imoukwuede
Headlines

Access Bank 2025 Financial Statement Reveal Deep Cracks Under Aig-Imoukwuede

by Desmond Ike-Chima
May 12, 2026
How Aig-Imoukhuede is Elminating Wigwe’s Men From Access Bank in New Power Play
Headlines

How Aig-Imoukhuede is Eliminating Wigwe’s Men From Access Bank in New Power Play

by Desmond Ike-Chima
May 12, 2026
Subscriber accuses MTN of withholding 30GB data for one month
INVESTIGATION

Subscriber accuses MTN of withholding 30GB data for one month

by Enitan Boluwatife
May 6, 2026
Next Post
Tweep reveals eviction of virtually-impaired student over interview on school hostels, UNN denies

Tweep reveals eviction of virtually-impaired student over interview on school hostels, UNN denies

Don't miss it

BREAKING NEWS: Ghanaian actress, Beverly Afaglo is dead
Foreign News

BREAKING NEWS: Ghanaian actress, Beverly Afaglo is dead

May 24, 2026
Beverly Afaglo Biography: Career, Family, Latest News, Death etc...
Biography/Net Worth

Beverly Afaglo Biography: Career, Family, Latest News, Death etc…

May 24, 2026
Deji Adeyanju Mocks Friend, Sowore, As he Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition
Headlines

Deji Adeyanju Mocks Friend, Sowore, As he Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition

May 24, 2026
King Mohammed VI grants Pardon to Senegalese Jailed for Offences Relating to the Africa Cup of Nations Morocco 2025
Headlines

King Mohammed VI grants Pardon to Senegalese Jailed for Offences Relating to the Africa Cup of Nations Morocco 2025

May 24, 2026
Donald Duke Rejects Rejects PRP Consensus Candidacy...
Headlines

Donald Duke Rejects PRP Consensus Candidacy…

May 23, 2026
More than 100 territories worldwide will broadcast the TotalEnergies CAF Champions League 2025/26
Sports

More than 100 territories worldwide will broadcast the TotalEnergies CAF Champions League 2025/26

May 23, 2026

Popular Post

  • Falvour - AFRICAN ROYALTY Album

    Flavour – Game Changer (Dike) | Free Mp3 Download

    598 shares
    Share 239 Tweet 150
  • The Fall of Former Governors Daniel, Amosun, and Rochas at APC Primaries 2026

    591 shares
    Share 236 Tweet 148
  • BREAKING NEWS: Ghanaian actress, Beverly Afaglo is dead

    590 shares
    Share 236 Tweet 148
  • Donald Duke Rejects PRP Consensus Candidacy…

    590 shares
    Share 236 Tweet 148
  • How Former Staff Shuaib Afolabi Crushed Ex-Governor Amosun in APC Primaries

    589 shares
    Share 236 Tweet 147
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate

ENigeria Newspaper is a premium daily Nigerian newspaper committed to the objective coverage of news in Nigeria.

Relevant Pages

  • About Us ENigeria Newspaper
  • Contact Us
  • Diversity Policy
  • ENigeria Newspaper Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service of ENigeria Newspaper

Reach Us

Emails:- enigerianewspaper@gmail.com
Phone:- +234 906 0009 494
Address: 7 Ago palaceway, Okota, lagos

Alert Us

For publication of Press releases, Statements, and Advert Inquiries, send an email to ENIGERIANEWSPAPER@GMAIL.COM

© enigerianews.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos

© enigerianews.com