Monday, May 18, 2026
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
Home Headlines

Court increases El-Rufai counts to five, alleged bugging of NSA Ribadu’s phone

Enitan Boluwatife by Enitan Boluwatife
April 23, 2026
in Headlines
0
Court increases El-Rufai counts to five, alleged bugging of NSA Ribadu's phone

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai.

585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Nasir El-Rufai, the immediate former governor of Kaduna State, has been charged before the Federal High Court in Abuja for allegedly participating in the bugging of National Security Adviser (NSA) Nuhu Ribadu’s phone line.

When the five-count revised charge which was modified from a three-count charge, designated FHC/ABJ/99/2026, was read to El-Rufai in front of Justice Joyce Abdulmalik on Thursday, he entered a not guilty plea.

You might also like

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch

However, the court noted that a document cited by defense attorney Oluwole Iyamu (SAN) was missing from the case file, causing the proceedings to halt midway through the hearing of his bail application.

Following an application by Iyamu, unopposed by prosecuting counsel, Oluwole Aladeloye (SAN) the court stood down the matter to enable the defence to properly place the document before it.

The Department of State Services (DSS) charged him with a crime that five prosecutors, led by M. E. Ernest, said he committed with some people who are now on the run.

It claimed that the defendant confessed on February 13, when he was a guest on Arise TV Station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, that he worked with others to illegally intercept the NSA’s phone calls, which is a crime under section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) (Amendment) Act, 2024.

El-Rufai was said to have broken the law by not reporting the crime, which is against Section 27 (b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment, Act, 2024.

It was also said that the defendant, in cahoots with others who are still at large, used technical equipment that put public safety and national security at risk and made Nigerians feel unsafe after the NSA’s calls were illegally intercepted.

He was then charged with breaking the law and facing punishment under Section 131 (2) of the Nigerian Communications Act 2003.

Meanwhile, the former governor told Justice Joyce Abdulmalik that he was not guilty of the charge that was read to him before the trial.

Afterwards, his legal team, led by Mr. Oluwole Iyamu, SAN, asked for his release on bail while the case was still going on.

El-Rufai in past months

Prior to this development, El-Rufai had been taken into custody on February 16, 2026, following an invitation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). He was later transferred to the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), while a separate case filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) stalled due to his unavailability in court.

Facebook Comments Box
Tags: DSS news RibaduEl Rufai court caes newsEl Rufai court newsEl Rufai DS newsEl Rufai EFCC caseEl Rufai Ribadu newsEl Rufia court casesEl-RufaiEl-rufai newsRibadu
Previous Post

Terrorists kidnap Niger doctor to treat wounded terrorists

Next Post

US-Iran war : Italian envoy suggests Trump allows Italy take Iran W’Cup spot

Enitan Boluwatife

Enitan Boluwatife

Related Posts

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Rise and Death of the ISIS Commander Killed in Africa
Foreign News

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

by Hazel Okechukwu
May 16, 2026
Samuel Adeboye Adeyeye Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold's Daughter, Deja
Entertainment News

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

by Bashiiru Khalid
May 16, 2026
iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch
Headlines

iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch

by Aminu Abubakar
May 15, 2026
Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List
Foreign News

Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List

by Akolam Emmanuel
May 15, 2026
Dangote Rejects NNPC’s Proposal, Targets Massive $50 Billion Refinery IPO
Headlines

Dangote Rejects NNPC’s Proposal, Targets Massive $50 Billion Refinery IPO

by Desmond Ike-Chima
May 14, 2026
Next Post
US-Iran war : Italian envoy suggests Trump allows Italy take Iran W'Cup spot

US-Iran war : Italian envoy suggests Trump allows Italy take Iran W'Cup spot

Don't miss it

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Rise and Death of the ISIS Commander Killed in Africa
Foreign News

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

May 16, 2026
Samuel Adeboye Adeyeye Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold's Daughter, Deja
Entertainment News

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

May 16, 2026
iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch
Headlines

iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch

May 15, 2026
Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List
Foreign News

Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List

May 15, 2026
Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director
Business News

Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director

May 14, 2026
BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing
NIGERIAN NEWS

BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing

May 14, 2026

Popular Post

  • Frank Edoho Confirms Wife’s Affair With Singer, Chike

    Frank Edoho Confirms Wife’s Affair With Singer, Chike

    604 shares
    Share 242 Tweet 151
  • Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

    602 shares
    Share 241 Tweet 151
  • Alexx Ekubo Biography: Cause of Death, Career, Relationships, Rise to Fame, etc…

    595 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
  • How Aig-Imoukhuede is Eliminating Wigwe’s Men From Access Bank in New Power Play

    593 shares
    Share 237 Tweet 148
  • Reactions As Notorious Cultist, Tony Kabaka Issues Death Threats To Cultists in Benin, Police Silent

    594 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate

ENigeria Newspaper is a premium daily Nigerian newspaper committed to the objective coverage of news in Nigeria.

Relevant Pages

  • About Us ENigeria Newspaper
  • Contact Us
  • Diversity Policy
  • ENigeria Newspaper Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service of ENigeria Newspaper

Reach Us

Emails:- enigerianewspaper@gmail.com
Phone:- +234 906 0009 494
Address: 7 Ago palaceway, Okota, lagos

Alert Us

For publication of Press releases, Statements, and Advert Inquiries, send an email to ENIGERIANEWSPAPER@GMAIL.COM

© enigerianews.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos

© enigerianews.com