Monday, May 18, 2026
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
Home Travel News

US-Iran war : Italian envoy suggests Trump allows Italy take Iran W’Cup spot

Enitan Boluwatife by Enitan Boluwatife
April 23, 2026
in Travel News
0
US-Iran war : Italian envoy suggests Trump allows Italy take Iran W'Cup spot

FIFA World Cup Trophy

585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

You might also like

Nigerian student faces jail in Cyprus for sexual assault case

Xenophobia : Meet promoters of Xenophobia attacks in South Africa

Four days after biopic release, ‘Micheal Jackson’ set to become new Burnley coach

A US President Donald Trump, Paolo Zampolli, has asked FIFA, the governing body of world football, to replace Iran with Italy at the World Cup.

Paolo Zampolli, the US special envoy, told the Financial Times (FT) that it would be a “dream” to see Italy, who has won the World Cup four times, at the finals in the US, Mexico, and Canada, even though they lost in a qualification playoff last month.

“I confirm I have suggested to Trump and (FIFA President Gianni) Infantino that Italy replace Iran at the World Cup. I’m an Italian native and it would be a dream to see the Azzurri at a US-hosted tournament. With four titles, they have the pedigree to justify inclusion,” Zampolli told the FT.

The media outlet said that the suggestion was an attempt to fix things between Trump and Giorgia Meloni after the Italian prime minister and president had a fight over the president’s comments about the Iran war and Pope Leo XIV.

Recall that the US-Iran war that started on February 28 between the US and Israel has made it unclear whether Iran will be able to play in the World Cup. However, In April, the Iranian football federation (FFIRI) said it was “negotiating” with FIFA to move the country’s World Cup games from the US to Mexico.

FIFA President Infantino also affirmed last month, while attending Iran’s friendly against Costa Rica in Turkey, that Iran will be at the World Cup and that they will play “where they are supposed to be, according to the draw”.

Italy miss out on World Cup

Recall that ENigeria Newspaper that Italy missed out on the 2026 FIFA World Cup after their shock play-off exit came at the hands of Bosnia and Herzegovina, who held the four-time world champions to a 1-1 draw before triumphing 4-1 on penalties in Zenica. Italy had taken an early lead through Moise Kean, but their momentum collapsed after Alessandro Bastoni was sent off before halftime. Bosnia capitalised late on, equalising through Haris Tabakovic before holding their nerve in the shootout, condemning the Azzurri to an unwanted piece of history.

After Italy failed to make it to both Russia in 2018 and Qatar in 2022, no prior tournament winner had missed three straight competitions.

Afterwards, Gennaro Gattuso, the Italian national team head coach, resigned.

Facebook Comments Box
Tags: 2026 world cup newsfifa 2026 world cup newsfifa italy newsfifa newsfifa world cup newsiran vs us world cupiran world cupiran world cup newsitalyitaly play-off newsItaly World Cupwill iran play world cupwill italy play world cup
Previous Post

Court increases El-Rufai counts to five, alleged bugging of NSA Ribadu’s phone

Next Post

Despite collapse of power sector, Oyo supporters welcome Adelabu in style

Enitan Boluwatife

Enitan Boluwatife

Related Posts

Nigerian student faces jail in Cyprus for sexual assault case
Travel News

Nigerian student faces jail in Cyprus for sexual assault case

by Olaniba Daniel
May 3, 2026
Xenophobia : Meet promoters of Xenophobia attacks in South Africa
Travel News

Xenophobia : Meet promoters of Xenophobia attacks in South Africa

by Enitan Boluwatife
May 2, 2026
Four days after biopic release, 'Micheal Jackson' set to become new Burnley coach
NIGERIAN NEWS

Four days after biopic release, ‘Micheal Jackson’ set to become new Burnley coach

by Enitan Boluwatife
April 30, 2026
How Ugandans exposed Nigerian ‘gospel’ preachers linked to shady acts
Travel News

How Ugandans exposed Nigerian ‘gospel’ preachers linked to shady acts

by Enitan Boluwatife
April 30, 2026
UN set to intervene in Mali unrest
Travel News

UN set to intervene in Mali unrest

by Enitan Boluwatife
April 26, 2026
Next Post
Despite the collapse of the power sector under his watch as a minister, Adebayo Adelabu was welcomed back home in style, amid pomp and paegentry.

Despite collapse of power sector, Oyo supporters welcome Adelabu in style

Don't miss it

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Rise and Death of the ISIS Commander Killed in Africa
Foreign News

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

May 16, 2026
Samuel Adeboye Adeyeye Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold's Daughter, Deja
Entertainment News

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

May 16, 2026
iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch
Headlines

iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch

May 15, 2026
Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List
Foreign News

Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List

May 15, 2026
Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director
Business News

Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director

May 14, 2026
BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing
NIGERIAN NEWS

BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing

May 14, 2026

Popular Post

  • Frank Edoho Confirms Wife’s Affair With Singer, Chike

    Frank Edoho Confirms Wife’s Affair With Singer, Chike

    604 shares
    Share 242 Tweet 151
  • Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

    602 shares
    Share 241 Tweet 151
  • Alexx Ekubo Biography: Cause of Death, Career, Relationships, Rise to Fame, etc…

    595 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
  • How Aig-Imoukhuede is Eliminating Wigwe’s Men From Access Bank in New Power Play

    593 shares
    Share 237 Tweet 148
  • Reactions As Notorious Cultist, Tony Kabaka Issues Death Threats To Cultists in Benin, Police Silent

    594 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate

ENigeria Newspaper is a premium daily Nigerian newspaper committed to the objective coverage of news in Nigeria.

Relevant Pages

  • About Us ENigeria Newspaper
  • Contact Us
  • Diversity Policy
  • ENigeria Newspaper Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service of ENigeria Newspaper

Reach Us

Emails:- enigerianewspaper@gmail.com
Phone:- +234 906 0009 494
Address: 7 Ago palaceway, Okota, lagos

Alert Us

For publication of Press releases, Statements, and Advert Inquiries, send an email to ENIGERIANEWSPAPER@GMAIL.COM

© enigerianews.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos

© enigerianews.com