Monday, May 18, 2026
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
Home Travel News

Keyamo Facilitates Compensation for Abuja Indigenes Who Lost Lands to Expansion of Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport

Desmond Ike-Chima by Desmond Ike-Chima
February 24, 2025
in Travel News
0
Keyamo Facilitates Compensation for Abuja Indigenes Who Lost Lands to Expansion of Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport

Keyamo-Wike-Nnamdi-Azikiwe-International-Airport

585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Festus Keyamo, Minister of Aviation is facilitating compensation for victims of the expansion of Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.

Recall that many were displaced following the Federal Government’s expansion of the international airport in Abuja after they were affected by the planned construction of a second runway for the airport.

The expansion project saw the Federal Government securing about 12000 hectares of land for the aerotropolice project in Abuja hence displacing several indigenes of the Federal Capital Territory who lost their lands to the exercise.

You might also like

Nigerian student faces jail in Cyprus for sexual assault case

Xenophobia : Meet promoters of Xenophobia attacks in South Africa

Four days after biopic release, ‘Micheal Jackson’ set to become new Burnley coach

The aerotropolis project includes a second runway for Abuja Airport, Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) facility, an Aviation Leasing Company (ALC), agro-allied cargo terminals, a national carrier, and Africa Aerospace and Aviation University (AAAU), among others.
Mr. Muhammad Bello, the then Minister of F.C.T, handed over the certificate of occupancy for the hectares of land in Abuja to the former Minister of Aviation, Sen. Hadi Sirika.

ENigeria Newspaper reports that the construction site for the second runway for the Abuja Airport was handed over to a contractor – China Engineering Construction Corporation Nigeria Limited (CCECC).

However, while speaking about the much-anticipated move to facilitate the compensation, Festus Keyamo, the Minister of Aviation in a statement on his verified Twitter handle mentioned that he is collaborating with the Minister of the FCT, and former governor Nyesom Wike on compensation and successful relocation of affected Abuja indigenes.

He also stated that it was necessary for the indigenes to be compensated and relocated before construction works began on the site after the acquisition of the hectares of land by the government.

Keyamo however, insisted that the contractors had been mobilized by the Federal Government to move to the site.

“The Indigenes need to be compensated and relocated before the construction of the second runway at the Abuja airport can commence in earnest. The contractors have been mobilised to move to the site,” he said. Also, he said he met with Tuggar and discussed how to resolve the issue of the resumption of Emirates Airlines flights to Nigeria.

He also said that the two looked into the related issue of the resumption of the issuance of Dubai visas to Nigerians, which was suspended in 2022.

Keyamo assured that the ministry was currently making progress on the issues.

Keyamo Facilitates Compensation for Abuja Indigenes Who Lost Lands to Expansion of Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport
Festus-Keyamo-Minister-of-Aviation

But, Dr. Gabriel Olowo, the immediate past President of Aviation Round Table (ART), wondered how the construction of a second runway for Abuja Airport could be a priority to the Federal Government at this time.
Rather, he wanted the Federal Government to address the challenges of blocked funds by foreign airlines and the appalling condition of the international wing of the Lagos Airport.

 He said: “How can a second Abuja runway be a priority in the face of many unresolved issues; growing foreign airlines home remittance, MMA1, which is the number one Nigeria gateway and has remained a national disgrace through years of neglect and shoddy palliatives, rather than focus the root cause?

 “Terminal expansion as per the master plan for fingers A,B, C and adequate maintenance of existing fingers D and E are some of the challenges, which needed immediate resolution.”

Facebook Comments Box
Previous Post

Gov. Zulum Gift Corpers N36.4 million, Bags of Rice, Cows, Others…

Next Post

Biography of Festus Keyamo, family, career, net worth

Desmond Ike-Chima

Desmond Ike-Chima

Desmond Ike-Chima is an award-winning investigative journalist, media entrepreneur, and travel documentary YouTube creator renowned for his fearless storytelling, sharp editorial instincts, and compelling digital narratives that bridge journalism, culture, and adventure. With over a decade of distinguished experience across Nigeria’s print and digital media landscape, Ike-Chima has built a formidable reputation as a journalist deeply committed to truth, accountability, and impactful storytelling. Before founding ENigeria Newspaper, a respected tabloid-style online publication established in 2008, he worked extensively as a staff reporter and editor for several notable media platforms, earning recognition for his investigative depth, editorial discipline, and ability to uncover stories that resonate far beyond the headlines. Driven by a philosophy that journalism should serve as a watchdog against abuse of power, Ike-Chima’s investigative works have consistently challenged corruption, exposed corporate misconduct, and held public officeholders accountable. His fearless reporting style and uncompromising pursuit of truth have, over the years, placed him at the center of several high-profile controversies involving powerful political and corporate interests. As a result of his investigative journalism and public-interest reporting through ENigeria Newspaper, he has endured repeated harassment, intimidation, and pressure from influential individuals, security agencies, and corporate entities displeased by the revelations published under his watch. Yet, these experiences have only strengthened his resolve and reinforced his commitment to ethical journalism and independent media. Audacious, resilient, outspoken, principled, and fiercely committed to integrity, Desmond Ike-Chima is widely regarded as a journalist who refuses to bend under pressure. His unwavering stance against insincerity and institutional abuse has become one of the defining hallmarks of his career. Beyond traditional journalism, Ike-Chima has successfully evolved into a dynamic new media personality and travel YouTube creator, leveraging digital storytelling to explore untold narratives across Africa and beyond. Through immersive travel documentaries, cultural explorations, and human-centered storytelling, he continues to captivate audiences with authentic experiences that showcase the beauty, complexity, and realities of different societies. A passionate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) enthusiast with deep knowledge of Nigeria’s entertainment and media ecosystem, Ike-Chima combines journalistic precision with digital strategy to create engaging multimedia content tailored for modern audiences. His creative approach to content production reflects an exceptional understanding of audience behavior, online visibility, and storytelling impact across emerging media platforms. An avid traveler, film maker, and explorer at heart, Desmond Ike-Chima remains deeply passionate about discovering new places, documenting hidden stories, and pushing the boundaries of contemporary African storytelling through journalism, film, and digital media.

Related Posts

Nigerian student faces jail in Cyprus for sexual assault case
Travel News

Nigerian student faces jail in Cyprus for sexual assault case

by Olaniba Daniel
May 3, 2026
Xenophobia : Meet promoters of Xenophobia attacks in South Africa
Travel News

Xenophobia : Meet promoters of Xenophobia attacks in South Africa

by Enitan Boluwatife
May 2, 2026
Four days after biopic release, 'Micheal Jackson' set to become new Burnley coach
NIGERIAN NEWS

Four days after biopic release, ‘Micheal Jackson’ set to become new Burnley coach

by Enitan Boluwatife
April 30, 2026
How Ugandans exposed Nigerian ‘gospel’ preachers linked to shady acts
Travel News

How Ugandans exposed Nigerian ‘gospel’ preachers linked to shady acts

by Enitan Boluwatife
April 30, 2026
UN set to intervene in Mali unrest
Travel News

UN set to intervene in Mali unrest

by Enitan Boluwatife
April 26, 2026
Next Post
Keyamo Facilitates Compensation for Abuja Indigenes Who Lost Lands to Expansion of Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport

Biography of Festus Keyamo, family, career, net worth

Don't miss it

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Rise and Death of the ISIS Commander Killed in Africa
Foreign News

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

May 16, 2026
Samuel Adeboye Adeyeye Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold's Daughter, Deja
Entertainment News

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

May 16, 2026
iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch
Headlines

iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch

May 15, 2026
Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List
Foreign News

Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List

May 15, 2026
Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director
Business News

Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director

May 14, 2026
BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing
NIGERIAN NEWS

BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing

May 14, 2026

Popular Post

  • Frank Edoho Confirms Wife’s Affair With Singer, Chike

    Frank Edoho Confirms Wife’s Affair With Singer, Chike

    604 shares
    Share 242 Tweet 151
  • Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

    602 shares
    Share 241 Tweet 151
  • Alexx Ekubo Biography: Cause of Death, Career, Relationships, Rise to Fame, etc…

    595 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
  • How Aig-Imoukhuede is Eliminating Wigwe’s Men From Access Bank in New Power Play

    593 shares
    Share 237 Tweet 148
  • Reactions As Notorious Cultist, Tony Kabaka Issues Death Threats To Cultists in Benin, Police Silent

    594 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate

ENigeria Newspaper is a premium daily Nigerian newspaper committed to the objective coverage of news in Nigeria.

Relevant Pages

  • About Us ENigeria Newspaper
  • Contact Us
  • Diversity Policy
  • ENigeria Newspaper Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service of ENigeria Newspaper

Reach Us

Emails:- enigerianewspaper@gmail.com
Phone:- +234 906 0009 494
Address: 7 Ago palaceway, Okota, lagos

Alert Us

For publication of Press releases, Statements, and Advert Inquiries, send an email to ENIGERIANEWSPAPER@GMAIL.COM

© enigerianews.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos

© enigerianews.com