Monday, May 18, 2026
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
Home Headlines

N100 million or death: Kebbi community threatened by bandits

Ibrahim Disu by Ibrahim Disu
February 23, 2026
in Headlines
0
Kaduna -gunmen
585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Residents of Utouno community in Ngaski Local Government Area of Kebbi South are living under a shadow of fear after armed bandits demanded N100 million, warning of a possible attack if their demand is not met.

The threat came in a letter addressed to the community leaders, referencing previous deadly raids to emphasize the seriousness of their warning.

You might also like

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch

“This is not a joke. You must pay us N100 million. If you refuse, you will face the consequences and have no one to blame but yourselves. Even if you call soldiers, they cannot stop us,” the letter read, citing a prior attack on Woro community in Kwara State as a warning.

Residents confirmed receiving the letter to ENigeria Newspaper, describing a tense atmosphere across the community. Abbas Alkali, a local resident, said, “Everyone is now living in fear. Some families have moved to safer areas, but those of us who have nowhere to go remain and pray for our safety.”

Malam Sa’ad Suleiman, a tailor, added that the timing of the threat (during Ramadan) has heightened anxiety among residents.

“The government must provide the necessary security because the attackers may strike at any moment,” he said.

Community leader Malam Ibrahim Bello emphasized that residents are taking the threat seriously. “We appeal to the government to deploy soldiers quickly. We believe the attackers may carry out their threat,” he stated.

Confirming the threat, Ahmed Idris, Chief Press Secretary to the Kebbi State Governor, said the government has already deployed security personnel, including air surveillance, to protect the area.

“The state government is not compromising on security. Measures are in place to prevent any attack,” he added.

The threat comes amid a series of attacks by the Lakurawa group in Kebbi State, as reported by ENigeria Newspaper.

Last week, militants launched coordinated raids on eight communities in Arewa Local Government Area, killing more than 30 people and abducting others. The affected villages included Masama, Mamunu, Kamzo, Awashaka, Tungar Bature, Dan Mai Rago, Tungar Tsoho, and Gorin Dena.

Police said the attacks were linked to cattle rustling and that security operatives engaged the attackers, forcing them to retreat in some areas. Last year, joint security forces neutralized dozens of Lakurawa fighters and over 80 bandits, demonstrating the state’s ongoing efforts to curb their operations.

Security experts describe the latest threats as an attempt by the Lakurawa group to assert their presence despite government crackdowns. “They are signaling that they remain active, but the state’s continued engagement with the army and security forces shows progress in suppressing them,” said Usman Aliyu, a security analyst.

Residents remain on high alert, while authorities continue to monitor the situation closely to prevent a repeat of past tragedies.

Facebook Comments Box
Tags: banditsKebbiLakurawaterrorists
Previous Post

If we rehabilitate terrorists, we can gather intelligence – CDS

Next Post

Edo records 30 Lassa fever case

Ibrahim Disu

Ibrahim Disu

Related Posts

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Rise and Death of the ISIS Commander Killed in Africa
Foreign News

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

by Hazel Okechukwu
May 16, 2026
Samuel Adeboye Adeyeye Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold's Daughter, Deja
Entertainment News

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

by Bashiiru Khalid
May 16, 2026
iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch
Headlines

iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch

by Aminu Abubakar
May 15, 2026
Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List
Foreign News

Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List

by Akolam Emmanuel
May 15, 2026
Dangote Rejects NNPC’s Proposal, Targets Massive $50 Billion Refinery IPO
Headlines

Dangote Rejects NNPC’s Proposal, Targets Massive $50 Billion Refinery IPO

by Desmond Ike-Chima
May 14, 2026
Next Post
lassa fever

Edo records 30 Lassa fever case

Don't miss it

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Rise and Death of the ISIS Commander Killed in Africa
Foreign News

Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

May 16, 2026
Samuel Adeboye Adeyeye Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold's Daughter, Deja
Entertainment News

Man Bags Two years Imprisonment for Trolling Adekunle Gold’s Daughter, Deja

May 16, 2026
iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch
Headlines

iPhone 18 Pro New Features Leak Ahead of Official Launch

May 15, 2026
Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List
Foreign News

Monica Elfriede Witt: Shocking Details of Former U.S. Intelligence Officer on America’s Most Wanted List

May 15, 2026
Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director
Business News

Tribest Corporate Support Group Appoints Abel Fadebi As Group Executive Director

May 14, 2026
BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing
NIGERIAN NEWS

BREAKING: Courtroom Clash Stalls Justice Crack Bail Hearing

May 14, 2026

Popular Post

  • Frank Edoho Confirms Wife’s Affair With Singer, Chike

    Frank Edoho Confirms Wife’s Affair With Singer, Chike

    604 shares
    Share 242 Tweet 151
  • Abu Bilal al-Minuki: Inside the Coordinated Military Operation and Killing of the ISIS Commander in Africa

    602 shares
    Share 241 Tweet 151
  • Alexx Ekubo Biography: Cause of Death, Career, Relationships, Rise to Fame, etc…

    595 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
  • How Aig-Imoukhuede is Eliminating Wigwe’s Men From Access Bank in New Power Play

    593 shares
    Share 237 Tweet 148
  • Reactions As Notorious Cultist, Tony Kabaka Issues Death Threats To Cultists in Benin, Police Silent

    594 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
ENigeria News - Latest Nigerian News Today – Breaking News, Travel & Real Estate

ENigeria Newspaper is a premium daily Nigerian newspaper committed to the objective coverage of news in Nigeria.

Relevant Pages

  • About Us ENigeria Newspaper
  • Contact Us
  • Diversity Policy
  • ENigeria Newspaper Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service of ENigeria Newspaper

Reach Us

Emails:- enigerianewspaper@gmail.com
Phone:- +234 906 0009 494
Address: 7 Ago palaceway, Okota, lagos

Alert Us

For publication of Press releases, Statements, and Advert Inquiries, send an email to ENIGERIANEWSPAPER@GMAIL.COM

© enigerianews.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • NIGERIAN NEWS
    • Biography/Net Worth
    • Business News
    • Entertainment News
  • INVESTIGATION
  • Real Estate
  • Travel News
  • Videos

© enigerianews.com